|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Sponsor||Agence des Technologies de l’Information et de la Communication|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Template:MLI|
|Actual use||Used in Mali and around the world|
|Registration restrictions||Local presence is not required|
|Structure||Registrations are at third level beneath various second-level names|
The domain was initially managed by Sotelma, a Malian telecommunications company. After Sotelma was privatised in 2009, the .ml zone was redelegated by IANA to the Agence des Technologies de l’Information et de la Communication (AGETIC), a Malian government agency, and the process completed in 2013. The agency then announced that it would give away .ml domains for free with a view to improve the usage and the knowledge of the IT industry in Mali. It is the first African nation to start giving away domains for free.
Second-level domains[edit source | edit]
Registrations are at the third level beneath these names:
- .net.ml: Internet providers
- .org.ml: Associations (must show registration); international organizations permitted, but must be registered with the local administration
- .edu.ml: Local schools
- .gov.ml: Governmental organisations
- .presse.ml: Local press
References[edit source | edit]
- "Redelegation of the .ML domain representing Mali to the Agence des Technologies de l'Information et de la Communication". 2013-02-13. Retrieved 2018-01-04.
- "Mali Gives Away Its .ML Domain Names for Free". Business Wire. 7 April 2013. Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- "Mali gives away its .ML domain names for free" (PDF). Freedom Registry. 8 April 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-04-17. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "Mali to give away .ML domains for free". The Register. 10 April 2013. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
[edit source | edit]
Visibility[edit source | edit]
This page has been added to search engine indexes. learn more