Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Events[edit source | edit]
January–December[edit source | edit]
- May 4 – Battle of Grotnik: Władysław III's royal army defeats the Hussite movement in Poland.
- June 29 – Date of Venerable Macarius' Miracle of the Moose, according to Russian hagiographers.
- September 8 – Cardinal Giovanni Vitelleschi captures Foligno, ending Trinci's signoria.
- September 29 or October 1 – Eric of Pomerania, King of Sweden, Denmark and Norway, is declared deposed in Sweden. Karl Knutsson Bonde continues to serve as Regent of Sweden.
- November 12 – In England, Plymouth becomes the first town incorporated by the English Parliament.
Date unknown[edit source | edit]
- Johannes Gutenberg develops printing with movable type at Mainz at about this date.
- The Great Ordinance is adopted by the French Estates-General. This measure grants the king the exclusive right to raise troops, and establishes the taxation measure known as the taille, in support of a standing army.
- The Council of Florence is moved to Florence.
- At the Portuguese Cortes, Peter, Duke of Coimbra is appointed Regent of the Kingdom.
Births[edit source | edit]
- March 3 – Ashikaga Yoshimi, brother of Shōgun Ashikaga Yoshimasa (d. 1491)
- April 3 – Ludwig II, Count of Württemberg-Urach, German noble (d. 1457)
- May 29 – Pope Pius III (d. 1503)
- July 18 – John V, Duke of Saxe-Lauenburg, German duke (d. 1507)
- July 26 – Sigismund, Duke of Bavaria, member of the Wittelsbach dynasty (d. 1501)
- August 10 – Anne of York, Duchess of Exeter, Duchess of York, second child of Richard Plantagenet (d. 1476)
- date unknown – Hua Sui, Chinese inventor and printer (d. 1513)
Deaths[edit source | edit]
- April 30 – Richard de Beauchamp, 13th Earl of Warwick, English military leader (b.1382)
- June 24 – Duke Frederick IV of Austria (b. 1382)
- September 12 – Sidi El Houari, Algerian imam (b. 1350)
- October 20 – Ambrose the Camaldulian, Italian theologian
- October 27 – Albert II of Germany, Holy Roman Emperor (b. 1397)
- December 31 – Margaret Holland, English noblewoman (b. 1385)
References[edit source | edit]
- Lua error in ...ribunto/includes/engines/LuaCommon/lualib/mwInit.lua at line 23: bad argument #1 to 'old_ipairs' (table expected, got nil).