2020 ARCA Menards Series West
|2020 ARCA Menards Series West|
The 2020 ARCA Menards Series West is the sixty-seventh season of the ARCA Menards Series West, a regional stock car racing series sanctioned by NASCAR. It began on February 20 at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway Bullring with the Star Nursery 150, and will conclude on November 6 with the race at Phoenix Raceway.
2020 marks the first season under the ARCA Menards Series West name after being known as the NASCAR K&N Pro Series West for the last ten seasons.
Teams and drivers[edit source | edit]
Complete schedule[edit source | edit]
|Ford||Sunrise Ford Racing||6||Trevor Huddleston||Bill Sedgwick|
|9||Blaine Perkins||Jeff Schrader|
|Toyota||Bill McAnally Racing||12||Lawless Alan (R)||Gary Collins|
|16||Giovanni Scelzi (R)||John Camilleri|
|19||Jesse Love (R)||Kyle Wolosek|
|50||Holley Hollan (R)||Mike Nacemento|
|99||Gracie Trotter (R)||Roger Bracken|
|Performance P-1 Motorsports||77||Takuma Koga||Ron Norman|
Limited schedule[edit source | edit]
|Chevrolet||BMI Racing||88||Bridget Burgess||Sarah Burgess||1|
|GMS Racing||21||Sam Mayer||Mardy Lindley||2|
|Naake-Klauer Motorsports||54||Joey Iest||Mike Naake||1|
|Zach Telford Racing||17||Zach Telford||Danny Christiani||1|
|Ford||Jefferson Pitts Racing||7||Austin Reed||Jerry Pitts||1|
|42||Brittney Zamora||TBA||1[N 1]|
|Toyota||Central Coast Racing||13||Todd Souza||Michael Muñoz||1|
|Hillis Racing||0||Bobby Hillis Jr.||TBA||1|
|Velocity Racing||78||Jack Wood||Ty Joiner||2[N 1]|
|Venturini Motorsports||15||Corey Heim||TBA||2|
|Kart Idaho Racing||11||Chris Lowden||Sonny Wahl||1|
Notes[edit source | edit]
Changes[edit source | edit]
Teams[edit source | edit]
- Bill McAnally Racing announced that they would be fielding four full-time teams in 2020 (up from three in 2019), with their No. 50 Toyota, previously a part-time car, running full-time in 2020 along with the Nos. 16, 19, and 99. However, on January 31, 2020, they announced a fifth full-time car, the No. 12, for Lawless Alan, who drove the same car part-time last season. This brings BMR up to five full-time teams for five rookie drivers.
- Venturini Motorsports will field a West Series team for the first time in 2020, with Corey Heim driving a car for them at Sonoma and the season-finale at Phoenix (as well as three races in the ARCA East Series and two in the big ARCA Menards Series).
Drivers[edit source | edit]
- On January 14, 2020, Bill McAnally Racing announced their 2020 driver lineup, with all four of their drivers new to the team and running for rookie of the year.
- Giovanni Scelzi replaces 2019 champion Derek Kraus in the No. 16, who moves to the Truck Series full-time with the team.
- Jesse Love replaces Hailie Deegan in the No. 19, who left BMR and Toyota's driver development program to compete in the 20-race ARCA Menards Series with DGR-Crosley as well as join Ford's driver development program.
- Holley Hollan will drive the No. 50 full-time, which was run part-time in 2019.
- Gracie Trotter will drive the No. 99, replacing Brittney Zamora, who started the 2020 season without a ride.
- On January 16, 2020, Corey Heim was announced as the driver of Venturini Motorsports' new part-time ARCA West Series team.
- On January 29, 2020, it was announced that Blaine Perkins would be driving full-time for Sunrise Ford Racing in 2020, replacing 2019 rookie of the year and 2nd-place points finisher Jagger Jones as a driver on that team. Perkins was without a ride in any NASCAR or ARCA Series in 2019, and drove full-time for two years (2016 and 2017) in the West Series for Steve Portenga's team before running part-time in the ARCA Menards Series in 2018 for Mason Mitchell's team. Perkins will drive the No. 9, replacing Trevor Huddleston, who moves from the No. 9 to the No. 6 which was Jones' car in 2019.
- On January 31, 2020, it was announced that Lawless Alan, who drove the No. 12 part-time for Bill McAnally Racing last year, would run full-time in the same car this season in addition to the other four drivers the team announced two weeks prior.
- On March 16, 2020, Brittney Zamora, who lost her ride in the McAnally No. 99 to Trotter, tweeted that she would be attempting the race at Irwindale in the No. 42 Ford for Jefferson Pitts Racing.
Schedule[edit source | edit]
On January 6, 2020, NASCAR released the schedule for the 2020 season. As part of the unification of the East and West series with the ARCA Menards Series, the schedule decreased from fourteen races in 2019 to eleven races in 2020. The number of races was originally ten, however, an additional race at Utah Motorsports Campus was announced on March 3, 2020.
As part of the unification of the East and West series with the ARCA Menards Series, the West will participate in the Sioux Chief Showdown, a ten-race series within the main ARCA series featuring drivers from each of the three branches.
|1||Star Nursery 150||Las Vegas Motor Speedway Bullring, Las Vegas||February 20|
|4||UMC Rock N’ Race Fest||Utah Motorsports Campus, Grantsville||May 23|
|5||Colorado National Speedway, Dacono||June 6|
|6||Sonoma Raceway, Sonoma||June 13|
|7||Evergreen Speedway, Monroe||August 8|
|8||Meridian Speedway, Meridian||August 29|
|9||All American Speedway, Roseville||October 10|
|10||Kern County Raceway Park, Bakersfield||October 24|
|11||Phoenix Raceway, Avondale||November 6|
|2||Irwindale Speedway, Irwindale||TBA|
|3||Douglas County Speedway, Roseburg|
[edit source | edit]
It was announced that all ARCA (and NASCAR) races would be postponed through May 3, which affects the race at Irwindale, which will need to be run at another time in the season. That race was previously scheduled for March 28.
Results and standings[edit source | edit]
Races[edit source | edit]
|No.||Race||Pole Position||Most laps led||Winning driver||Manufacturer||No.||Winning team|
|1||Star Nursery 150||Sam Mayer||Sam Mayer||Sam Mayer||Chevrolet||21||GMS Racing|
Drivers' championship[edit source | edit]
- For further information, see List of NASCAR points scoring systems
Note: The pole-winner also receives 1 bonus point, similar to the previous ARCA points system used until 2019 and unlike NASCAR.
(key) Bold – Pole position awarded by time. Italics – Pole position set by final practice results or rainout. * – Most laps led.
|2||Jesse Love (R)||2||43|
|4||Gracie Trotter (R)||4||40|
|6||Lawless Alan (R)||6||38|
|10||Giovanni Scelzi (R)||10||34|
|12||Holley Hollan (R)||12||32|
|13||Bobby Hillis Jr.||13||31|
See also[edit source | edit]
- 2020 NASCAR Cup Series
- 2020 NASCAR Xfinity Series
- 2020 NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series
- 2020 ARCA Menards Series
- 2020 ARCA Menards Series East
- 2020 NASCAR Whelen Euro Series
- 2020 eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series
References[edit source | edit]
- Christley, Jason (January 29, 2020). "New Faces Readying For West Coast Title Run". ARCARacing.com. Retrieved January 30, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Seelman, Jacob (January 14, 2020). "Four Rookies Chasing ARCA West Title With BMR". Speed Sport. Turn 3 Media, LLC.
- "Full Schedule-Sam Mayer". SamMayerRacing.com. December 18, 2019.
- "Jack Wood announces ARCA campaign starting Thursday at Las Vegas". Speedway Digest. February 17, 2020. Retrieved February 29, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Krall, Charles (January 16, 2020). "Corey Heim Joins Venturini Motorsports for Seven-race ARCA Menards Series, ARCA Menards Series East/West Run". ARCARacing.com.
- Krall, Charles (January 6, 2020). "ARCA Menards Series West 2020 Schedule Announced". ARCA Menards Series. Retrieved January 6, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "West To Return To Utah Motorsports Campus". ARCARacing.com. March 3, 2020.
- "10 Events For ARCA Menards Series West". Speed Sport. January 6, 2020. Retrieved January 6, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "NASCAR, ARCA announce framework for four championship series in 2020". NASCAR.com. NASCAR Digital Media Group, LLC. October 2, 2019. Retrieved March 3, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Statement From ARCA Racing". ARCARacing.com. March 16, 2020. Retrieved March 28, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
Visibility[edit source | edit]
This page has been added to search engine indexes. learn more