2020 Icelandic presidential election
Announced[edit source | edit]
On 9 April 2020, Axel Pétur Axelsson, a self described social engineer and noted conspiracy theorist, announced his intention to run against President Guðni. He has been quoted as saying that his first matter of business as president, would be to dismiss all members of the Icelandic government.
Guðmundur Franklín Jónsson, an Icelandic businessman and activist, announced that he would run for the office of president, in a Facebook-live video on 22 April.
Electoral system[edit source | edit]
Results[edit source | edit]
|Guðni Th. Jóhannesson||Independent|
|Guðmundur Franklín Jónsson||Independent|
References[edit source | edit]
- Republic of Iceland: Election for President 2020 IFES
- Absentee Voting for President Starts Monday
- Ruv.is - Guðni gefur kost á sér til endurkjörs RÚV, 1 January 2020
- Axel Pétur í forsetaframboð: Fyrsta verk að reka alla ríkisstjórnina Fréttablaðið, 9 April 2020
- Vísir - Guðmundur Franklín Jónsson býður sig fram til forseta Vísir, 23 April 2020
- Republic of Iceland: Election for President 2016 IFES