2020 V.League 1
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the schedule has been changed to begin on 7 March instead of 21 February as originally planned. All matches in matchdays 1 and 2 will be played behind closed doors due to the same reason. Following the stabilizing situation, the league resumed in June, and also became the first league to allow fans into the stadium post-COVID-19 outbreak.
Changes from last season[edit source | edit]
Team changes[edit source | edit]
The following teams have changed division since the 2019 season.
To V.League 1
Promoted from V.League 2
From V.League 1[edit source | edit]
Relegated to V.League 2
Rules changes[edit source | edit]
In 2020 season, each team can register 3+1 foreign players (3 foreign + 1 naturalized Vietnamese). The teams participated in ASEAN Club Championship and AFC Cup (TP Hồ Chí Minh, Hà Nội FC, Than Quảng Ninh) can register 3+1+1 foreign players (3 foreign + 1 naturalized Vietnamese + 1 AFC player)
On 13 May 2020, the format have been slightly changed, including:
- The 1st leg will remain unchanged.
- After the 1st leg, teams will be split into 2 groups:
- Championship group (Group A) will include the top 8 teams in the 1st leg.
- Relegation group (Group B) will include the bottom 6 teams in the 1st leg.
- Each group will play another single round-robin format. After the end of season:
- The champions will qualify for the 2021 AFC Champions League group stage.
- The runners-up and the cup winners (league 3rd-placers if the cup winners already qualified for AFC Club Competitions through league performance) will qualify for the 2021 AFC Cup group stage.
- The 14th-ranked team will be relegated to 2021 V.League 2.
Teams[edit source | edit]
Lua error in Module:Location_map/multi at line 27: Unable to find the specified location map definition: "Module:Location map/data/Vietnam" does not exist.
Personnel and kits[edit source | edit]
Note: Flags indicate national team as has been defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
Managerial changes[edit source | edit]
Foreign players[edit source | edit]
Players name in bold indicates the player is registered during the mid-season transfer window.
Phase 1 League table[edit source | edit]
Script error: No such module "Sports table".
Results[edit source | edit]
Script error: No such module "sports results".
Positions by round[edit source | edit]
This table lists the positions of teams after each week of matches. In order to preserve the chronological evolution, any postponed matches are not included to the round at which they were originally scheduled, but added to the full round they were played immediately afterwards. For example, if a match is scheduled for matchday 13, but then postponed and played between days 16 and 17, it will be added to the standings for day 16. Script error: No such module "sports rbr table".
Season progress[edit source | edit]
Script error: No such module "sports rbr table".
Schedule[edit source | edit]
- Details (in Vietnamese): https://vpf.vn/tai-lieu-vleague/vleague-thong-bao/lich-thi-dau-giai-vdqg-ls-2020/
Attendances[edit source | edit]
By club[edit source | edit]
|Club||Total||Games||Avg. Per Game|
|Becamex Bình Dương||29,700||13||?|
|DNH. Nam Định||79,000||13||?|
|Hoàng Anh Gia Lai||34,500||13||?|
|Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh||43,000||13||?|
|SHB Đà Nẵng||40,500||13||?|
|Sông Lam Nghệ An||34,000||13||?|
|Hồng Lĩnh Hà Tĩnh||48,500||13||?|
|Than Quảng Ninh||35,000||13||?|
By round[edit source | edit]
|Round||Total||Games||Avg. Per Game|
|Group A Round 14||?||4||?|
|Group B Round 14||?||3||?|
|Group A Round 15||?||4||?|
|Group B Round 15||?||3||?|
|Group A Round 16||?||4||?|
|Group B Round 16||?||3||?|
|Group A Round 17||?||4||?|
|Group B Round 17||?||3||?|
|Group A Round 18||?||4||?|
|Group B Round 18||?||3||?|
|Group A Round 19||?||4||?|
|Group A Round 20||?||4||?|
- Due to concerns about the COVID-19 epidemic, all 14 matches in the first 2 rounds were played without spectators.