2021 in Guatemala
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following lists events in the year 2021 in Guatemala.
Incumbents[edit source | edit]
- President:Alejandro Eduardo Giammattei Falla (since 2020)
- Vice-President: César Guillermo Castillo Reyes (since 2020)
Events[edit source | edit]
Ongoing – COVID-19 pandemic in Guatemala
January and February[edit source | edit]
- January 14 – Guatemalan troops, police, and health workers set up 16 checkpoints to stop migrants.
- January 15 – A magnitude 5.9 earthquake with an epicenter located 3 miles (4.8 km) south-southwest of Champerico at a depth of 6 miles (9.7 km)six miles (10 kilometers) shakes buildings in Guatemala City, but no damages or injuries are reported.
Scheduled events[edit source | edit]
- For further information, see Public holidays in Guatemala
- March 28–April 3 — Holy Week.
- May 10 – Mother's Day
- September 15 – Independence Day, 206th anniversary of the Act of Independence of Central America.
- November 1 – All Saints' Day.
Sports[edit source | edit]
Deaths[edit source | edit]
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2021)
See also[edit source | edit]
|Wikinews has related news:|
References[edit source | edit]
- McDonald, Michael (January 15, 2021). "Guatemala Deploys Troops to Stop Migrants Heading to U.S. Border". msn.com. Bloomberg. Retrieved January 15, 2021.
- "Strong 5.9-magnitude quake shakes Guatemala". AP NEWS. 15 January 2021. Retrieved January 15, 2021.
- "National Holidays in Guatemala in 2021". Office Holidays. Retrieved January 14, 2021.
[edit source | edit]
Visibility[edit source | edit]
This page has been added to search engine indexes. learn more