2021 in India
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Events in the year 2021 in India.
Incumbents[edit source | edit]
Government of India[edit source | edit]
State Governments[edit source | edit]
Events[edit source | edit]
January[edit source | edit]
- 1 January – India begins its two-year tenure (2021-22) as non-permanent member of UNSC.
- 3 January – India approves the two coronavirus vaccines from Bharat Biotech - "Covaxin" and Oxford/AstraZeneca - "Covishield" for the emergency use
- 12 January - The Supreme Court issues a stay order thereby suspending the implementation of the three new farm laws in the wake of the ongoing farmer protests.
- 16 January- The Indian Government begins a mass Vaccination campaign for COVID-19. The vaccine for curing COVID-19 is prepared by Bharat Biotech
Deaths[edit source | edit]
January[edit source | edit]
- Buta Singh, 86, Indian politician, Minister of Home Affairs (1986–1989), Governor of Bihar (2004–2006) and Chairman of NCSC (2007–2010), cerebral haemorrhage.
- Neelamperoor Madhusoodanan Nair, 84, Indian poet.
- K. Balu, Indian film producer (Chinna Thambi, Uthama Raasa, Jallikattu Kaalai), complications from COVID-19.
- Shani Mahadevappa, 90, Indian actor (Shankar Guru, Kaviratna Kalidasa, Guru Brahma), coronary artery disease.
- Anil Panachooran, 55, Indian lyricist (Arabikkatha, Drona 2010, Marykkundoru Kunjaadu) and poet, COVID-19.
- Shaji Pandavath, 63, Indian screenwriter and film director, complications from heart surgery and a fall.
See also[edit source | edit]
|Wikinews has related news:|
Country overviews[edit source | edit]
- History of India
- History of modern India
- Outline of India
- Government of India
- Politics of India
- Timeline of Indian history
- Years in India
Related timelines for current period[edit source | edit]
References[edit source | edit]
- "India set to begin its two-year tenure as non-permanent member of UNSC". The Hindu. PTI. 1 January 2021. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 3 January 2021.CS1 maint: others (link)
- "India's Vaccine Wait Over; Serum Institute, Bharat Biotech Get Approval". NDTV.com. Retrieved 3 January 2021.
- "Coronavirus: India approves vaccines from Bharat Biotech and Oxford/AstraZeneca". BBC News. 3 January 2021. Retrieved 3 January 2021.
- Rajagopal, Krishnadas (12 January 2021). "Farmers' protest | Supreme Court stays implementation of 3 controversial farm laws". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 15 January 2021.
- "Supreme Court puts on hold 3 farm laws, sets up 4-member committee to hold talks". India Today. 12 January 2021. Retrieved 15 January 2021.
- Former Union minister and Congress leader Buta Singh passes away
- കവി നീലമ്പേരൂര് മധുസൂദനന് നായര് അന്തരിച്ചു (in Malayalam)
- Popular producer KB Films Balu passes away
- ಕೊರೊನಾ ಸೋಂಕಿನಿಂದ ಚಂದನವನದ ಹಿರಿಯ ಕಲಾವಿದ ಶನಿ ಮಹದೇವಪ್ಪ ವಿಧಿವಶ (in Kannada)
- Anil Panachooran Passes away
- Malayalam film director dead
- ആ മാധവൻ അന്തരിച്ചു (in Tamil)
- Lyricist Vennelakanti passes away
Visibility[edit source | edit]
This page has been added to search engine indexes. learn more