2021 in Iran
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Events in the year 2021 in Iran.
Incumbents[edit source | edit]
- Supreme Leader of Iran: Ali Khamenei
- President of Iran: Hassan Rouhani
- Chairman of the Parliament: Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf
- Judiciary System of Iran: Ebrahim Raisi
Events[edit source | edit]
- January 8
Deaths[edit source | edit]
- 1 January – Mohammad-Taqi Mesbah-Yazdi, 85, cleric and politician (b. 1935)
- 9 January - Mehdi Attar-Ashrafi, 72, weightlifter (b. 1948)
- 12 January - Mahmoud Kianoush, 86, poet (b. 1934)
References[edit source | edit]
- Hafezi, Parisa (January 8, 2021). "Iran leader bans import of US, UK COVID-19 vaccines, demands sanctions end". Reuters.
“Imports of U.S. and British vaccines into the country are forbidden ... They’re completely untrustworthy. It’s not unlikely they would want to contaminate other nations,” said Khamenei, the country’s highest authority. “Given our experience with France’s HIV-tainted blood supplies, French vaccines aren’t trustworthy either,” Khamenei said, referring to the country’s contaminated blood scandal of the 1980s and 1990s.
Visibility[edit source | edit]
This page has been added to search engine indexes. learn more