2021 in Pakistan
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Incumbents[edit source | edit]
President and Prime Minister[edit source | edit]
|Arif Alvi||Imran Khan|
- Prime Minister: Imran Khan
- Chairman of the Senate: Sadiq Sanjrani
- Speaker of the National Assembly: Asad Qaiser
- Chief Justice: Gulzar Ahmed
- Chief of Army Staff : Qamar Javed Bajwa
- Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee: Nadeem Raza
Events[edit source | edit]
- January 2
- 22 year-old Usama Satti is shot to death in his car by the Islamabad Police.The Murderers successfully played with system. Islamabad Police successfully pushed the allegation and murderers managed to escape without any penalty. The Islamabad Police mafia is on the run to sacrifice as much as innocent Pakistans.
- Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi is arrested in Lahore, on terrorism financing charges.
- January 3: Machh attack
- January 5: The Supreme Court of Pakistan ordered that the Shri Paramhans Ji Maharaj Samadhi temple in Teri, Karak District, be rebuilt by the government after it was destroyed by a mob in December 2020.
- January 9 – A massive blackout strikes Pakistan, leaving as much as 90 percent of the country without electricity at its height as officials rush to restore power.
- January 11 - 9 countries appointed new ambassadors to Pakistan.Nepal,Tapas Adhikari.Belarus Andrei Metdlitsa,South Korea,Sush Sangpyo,Cuba Zener Javier, Mali, Dianguinadit Yaya Doucoure.Ireland Ms Sonya McGuinness.,Sierra Leone,Alie Kamara,Cambodia Ung Sean,Kosovo Ilir Dugolli
- January 12: Two gunman attacked a team of polio vaccine handlers in Karak, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, killing one policeman who was escorting them.
Deaths[edit source | edit]
See also[edit source | edit]
Country overviews[edit source | edit]
- History of Pakistan
- History of modern Pakistan
- Outline of Pakistan
- Government of Pakistan
- Politics of Pakistan
References[edit source | edit]
- "Post-mortem report of Usama Satti offers new details into Islamabad shooting". Dunya News. 2 January 2021. Retrieved 5 January 2021.
- Shams, Shamil (3 January 2021). "Killing of 22-year-old student by police sparks outrage in Pakistan". Deutsche Welle. Retrieved 5 January 2021.
- Tanveer, Asim (2 January 2021). "Pakistan arrests key militant on terror financing charges". Associated Press. Archived from the original on 2 January 2021. Retrieved 4 January 2021.
- Bukhari, Mubasher; Peshimam, Gibran (2 January 2021). Russell, Ros (ed.). "Pakistan arrests alleged militant group leader Zaki ur Rehman Lakhvi on terrorism financing charge". Reuters. Archived from the original on 2 January 2021. Retrieved 4 January 2021.
- "Pakistani top court orders rebuilding of destroyed Hindu temple". Al Jazeera English. January 6, 2021.
- "Pakistan power cut plunges country into darkness". BBC. 10 January 2021.
- "Nine countries appoint new ambassadors to Pakistan". The News. January 11, 2021.
- Janjua, Haroon. "Pakistan: Gunmen target polio workers, kill policeman". Deutsche Welle.
"Two gunmen came on a motorcycle and attacked our colleague Junaid Ullah while he was escorting the polio team. They opened fire on the van carrying polio workers," Muhammad Ishaq Khan, a police official in Karak, told DW.
- "Poet Naseer Turabi dies". Dawn. January 10, 2021.
Visibility[edit source | edit]
This page has been added to search engine indexes. learn more