2021 in Senegal
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Events in the year 2021 in Senegal.
Incumbents[edit source | edit]
Events[edit source | edit]
Ongoing – COVID-19 pandemic in Senegal
- January 7 – Diary Sow, 20, a student at Paris's Lycée Louis-le-Grand and known as "Senegal's best pupil," is reported missing.
- January 8 – An outbreak of H5N1 (bird flu) is reported on a farm in Thiès. 58,000 of the 100,000 flock have been killed and the others culled.
- January 9 – COVID-19 pandemic: Health Minister Ousseynou Badiane says Senegal does not have sufficient cold storage facilities for either the Pfizer–BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, and the country is awaiting vaccines through the World Health Organization-backed global COVAX scheme.
- January 13 – Police used tear gas to break up a demonstration in Ngor, Dakar after President Macky Sall declared a 9 p.m.–5 a.m. curfew in Dakar and Thiès Region. Other demonstrations took place in Medina and Yoff areas and suburban Pikine, Guédiawaye, and Thiaroye.
Scheduled and predicted events[edit source | edit]
- For further information, see Public holidays in Senegal
Culture[edit source | edit]
- For further information, see 2021 in African music
Deaths[edit source | edit]
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2021)
See also[edit source | edit]
- 2021 in West Africa
- COVID-19 pandemic in Africa
- 2020s in political history
- Politics of Senegal
- National Assembly (Senegal)
- Economic Community of West African States
- African Union
- Community of Sahel–Saharan States
References[edit source | edit]
- The World Factbook: Africa: Senegal Archived 2018-01-22 at the Wayback Machine CIA Library, retrieved 18 Jan 2020
- "Inquiry opened in France after Senegalese student Diary Sow goes missing". France 24. 12 January 2021. Retrieved January 13, 2021.
- "Senegal reports bird flu on farm, culls poultry". aljazeera.com. Al Jazeera English. January 8, 2021. Retrieved January 9, 2021.
- Van Der Perre, Christophe (January 11, 2021). "In Senegal, lack of cold storage limits COVID vaccine options". msn.com. Reuters. Retrieved January 13, 2021.
- "Protests erupt in Senegal over new Covid-19 measures". Africanews. Retrieved January 13, 2021.
[edit source | edit]
Visibility[edit source | edit]
This page has been added to search engine indexes. learn more