2021 in Singapore
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Incumbents[edit source | edit]
Events[edit source | edit]
Below, events for the COVID-19 pandemic in Singapore have the "CP" prefix.
January[edit source | edit]
- 1 January -
- 9 January - Robinsons shuts its last outlet in Raffles City, bringing an end to 162 years of operation since 1858.
Predicted and scheduled events[edit source | edit]
- 1 September - A full ban on domestic ivory trade takes effect, with exemptions for educational and religious purposes, as well as musical instruments and personal effects with ivory.
- The second and third stages of the Thomson–East Coast MRT line (spanning from Springleaf to Caldecott, as well as Mount Pleasant to Gardens by the Bay respectively) will open.
References[edit source | edit]
- Choo, Felicia (30 December 2018). "Minimum legal age for smoking raised to 19 from Jan 1". The Straits Times. Retrieved 12 December 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Singapore to stop issuing S$1,000 note to reduce money laundering risk". CNA. Retrieved 2020-11-09.
- Tham, Yuen-C (1 January 2021). "KL-Singapore High Speed Rail terminated after both countries fail to reach agreement on M'sia's proposed changes to project". The Straits Times. Retrieved 1 January 2021.
- Lim, Jessie; Cheong, Mark (3 January 2021). "Robinsons' last outlet at Raffles City to close by Jan 10; multi-buy discounts on offer". The Straits Times. Retrieved 3 January 2021.
- Lim, Jessie (9 January 2021). "Robinsons clears all stock, bows out with closure of Raffles City outlet". The Straits Times. Retrieved 12 January 2021.
- Menon, Malavika (12 August 2019). "Singapore to ban domestic trade in elephant ivory from September 2021". The Straits Times. Retrieved 20 September 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
Visibility[edit source | edit]
This page has been added to search engine indexes. learn more