2021 in Sudan
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Events in the year 2021 in Sudan.
Incumbents[edit source | edit]
- Chairman of the Sovereignty Council: Abdel Fattah al-Burhan
- Prime Minister: Abdalla Hamdok
- Deputy Chairman of the Sovereignty Council: Mohamed Hamdan Dagalo
Events[edit source | edit]
- January 3 – Sudan, Egypt, and Ethiopia agree to hold further talks this month to resolve their dispute over the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam on the Blue Nile.
- January 6 – Sudan and the United States sign the Abraham Accords opening a path to normalization of Sudanese-Israeli relations and settling the debt with the World Bank.
- January 16 – Fighting between Masalit people and Arab nomads in Al Geneina District leaves 84 dead and 160 wounded, including soldiers. This is two weeks after the United Nations withdrew its peacekeepers from West Darfur.
- January 17 – The death toll in weekend fighting goes to 130 in West Darfur and dozens in South Darfur. At least 50,000 people are displaced.
Deaths[edit source | edit]
See also[edit source | edit]
References[edit source | edit]
- "Nile dam dispute: Sudan, Egypt, Ethiopia agree to hold more talks". aljazeera.com. Al Jazeera English. Retrieved January 3, 2021.
- Axelrod, Tal (6 January 2021). "Sudan officials announce signing of 'Abraham Accords' with US". TheHill. Retrieved January 6, 2021.
- "Scores killed in Sudan's Darfur clashes". aljazeera.com. Al Jazeera English. Retrieved January 17, 2021.
- "Tribal clashes leave dozens dead in 2 Sudanese provinces". AP NEWS. 18 January 2021. Retrieved January 18, 2021.
- بسبب كورونا .. وفاة الفنان السودانى عبد الحكيم الطاهر (in Arabic)
[edit source | edit]
Visibility[edit source | edit]
This page has been added to search engine indexes. learn more