2021 in architecture
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The year 2021 in architecture is expected to involve some significant architectural events and new buildings.
Events[edit source | edit]
- 1 October 2021 until 31 March 2022 – Expo 2020 is scheduled to occur in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Buildings and structures[edit source | edit]
- Varso in Warsaw, the tallest building in Warsaw and Poland and in the European Union, projected for completion.
- Tanzanite Bridge in Dar es Salaam, the longest bridge in Tanzania, projected for completion.
- Bang Sue Grand Station in Bangkok, the largest railway station in Southeast Asia, projected for completion.
- United Arab Emirates
- Dubai Creek Tower in Dubai, the tallest structure in the world, projected for completion.
- Ain Dubai in Dubai, the tallest ferris wheel in the world, projected for completion.
- United States
- Academy Museum of Motion Pictures, designed by Renzo Piano in Los Angeles, is set to open on September 30.
Awards[edit source | edit]
- AIA Gold Medal –
- Architecture Firm Award AIA –
- Emporis Skyscraper Award –
- European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture (Mies van der Rohe Prize) –
- Driehaus Architecture Prize for New Classical Architecture –
- Grand Prix de l'urbanisme –
- Grand Prix national de l'architecture –
- LEAF Award, Overall Winner –
- Praemium Imperiale Architecture Laureate –
- Pritzker Architecture Prize –
- Prix de l'Équerre d'Argent –
- RAIA Gold Medal –
- RIAS Award for Architecture –
- RIBA Royal Gold Medal – Sir David Adjaye
- Stirling Prize -
- Thomas Jefferson Medal in Architecture –
- UIA Gold Medal –
- Twenty-five Year Award AIA –
- Vincent Scully Prize –
See also[edit source | edit]
References[edit source | edit]
Visibility[edit source | edit]
This page has been added to search engine indexes. learn more