Albert Einstein (disambiguation)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Albert Einstein was a noted German-born theoretical physicist.
Albert Einstein may also refer to other people with the same name and to many things named in his honor:
People[edit source | edit]
- Albert Lawrence Einstein, the birth name of actor, comedian, director, and writer Albert Brooks
Educational institutions[edit source | edit]
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine, an independent degree-granting medical school in New York City
- Albert Einstein Institute, also known as the Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics, located in Golm, Potsdam, Germany (theoretical branch) and in Hannover, Germany (experimental branch)
- Albert Einstein Institution, East Boston, Massachusetts, a non-profit organization dedicated to the study of methods of non-violent resistance
- Albert Einstein Healthcare Network (formerly Albert Einstein Healthcare Network), a healthcare system in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, which will be merged with Jefferson Health.
- Albert-Einstein-Schule, a former school (grades 5-12) in Bochum, Germany
- Albert Einstein International School of San Pedro Sula, Honduras, a private, non-profit, coeducational day school (pre-kindergarten to grade 12)
- Albert Einstein International School Amsterdam, The Netherlands (from pre-kindergarten to grade 12), with campuses also in Lviv, Ukraine and Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Albert Einstein High School, Montgomery County, Maryland, grades 9-12
- Albert Einstein Academy Charter School, San Diego, California, kindergarten through grade 8
- Albert Einstein Academy for Letters, Arts and Sciences, Santa Clarita Valley, California, a public charter school for grades 7-11
- Albert Einstein Middle School, Shoreline School District, Washington state, grades 7-8
- Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia (formerly Albert Einstein Medical Center), Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, a tertiary-care teaching hospital, a part of Einstein Healthcare Network.
Honors[edit source | edit]
- Albert Einstein Award, with honorees selected by a committee of the Institute for Advanced Study, awarded sporadically from 1951 to 1979
- UNESCO Albert Einstein medal
- Albert Einstein Medal, presented by the Albert Einstein Society in Bern, Switzerland, first awarded in 1979
- Albert Einstein Peace Prize, awarded by the Chicago-based Albert Einstein Peace Prize Foundation, first presented in 1980
- Albert Einstein World Award of Science, given by the World Cultural Council, first awarded in 1984
Arts and entertainment[edit source | edit]
- Albert Einstein (album), a 2013 album by rappers Prodigy and The Alchemist
- Albert Einstein: The Practical Bohemian, a 1978 one-man stage play written and performed by actor-writer Ed Metzger
- Albert Einstein, a character in the television series Alien Nation
- Albert Brooks, born Albert Einstein, an American actor, filmmaker, author, and comedian
Other uses[edit source | edit]
- Albert Einstein Hospital, São Paulo, Brazil
- Albert Einstein Science Park, Potsdam, Germany
- Albert Einstein ATV, a European unmanned cargo resupply spacecraft
- Albert Einstein Society, based in Bern, Switzerland
- Albert Einstein House, Princeton, New Jersey, Einstein's home from 1936 to his death in 1955
- Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative Fund, sponsored since 1992 by the government of Germany
- Albert Einstein: Creator and Rebel, a 1972 biography by Banesh Hoffmann with the collaboration of Helen Dukas
- Einstein's Sink, a sink in Leiden University that is famous for the story of Einstein once washing his hands in it.
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Albert Einstein.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.