All This Time (Tiffany song)
|"All This Time"|
|Single by Tiffany|
|from the album Hold an Old Friend's Hand|
|B-side||"Can't Stop a Heartbeat"|
|Released||September 12, 1988|
|Format||7" single, 12" Single, Cassette single|
|Songwriter(s)||Tim James, Steven McClintock|
|Tiffany singles chronology|
|"Tiffany - All This Time" on YouTube|
Song information[edit source | edit]
All This Time, a mid-tempo ballad, was released in 1988 peaking on the Billboard Hot 100 chart at #6, and was also a top-ten hit on the Billboard Adult Contemporary chart. In the UK, "All This Time" served as second single to "Radio Romance", charting in the top 50.
The song was also released several months previously on the Japanese remix EP, I Saw Him Standing There, and the Japanese single edition of "I Saw Him Standing There". It was also released on one of her greatest hits compilations.
Music video[edit source | edit]
The music video was filmed at Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park, California. Around 10 p.m., a taxi drops Tiffany at the train station. She walks through the empty boarding area, hugging her chest with her arms and waist. She follows the train as it prepares to stop. She walks into an auditorium and leans against a seat, staring into the spotlight shining on her. On a darkened stage, she performs. The breeze lifts up her hair while she sits on the windowsill in the family room. She rides a carousel alone. Back at the family room, she unwraps some letters tied with a pink bow and reads them. She walks on the stage, looking at the red scarlet red columns and stairs set up for her performance. While the sun sets, she leans against the railing at the pier. On stage, she is filmed through a sepia filter and hazy glass.She raises her hand, feeling the rain drops and walks up the steps to her room. A Charlie Chaplin puppet bounces outside. She walks to Knott's Memory Lane and stands by the fountain. Lit in white, she sits on the windowsill.She stops at Cestrella's and puts in a quarter in the slot. The animatronic fortune teller turns her head to the left. She performs on a strip of film. By the end of the video, she waits at the train station. The fortune from the game reads: "The sun still shines. The sun still sets." until it faded in white.
Track listings and formats[edit source | edit]
- 7" single and cassette single
- "All This Time"
- "Can't Stop a Heartbeat"
Chart performance[edit source | edit]
Weekly charts[edit source | edit]
Year-end charts[edit source | edit]
References[edit source | edit]
- "Artist Chart History - Tiffany". billboard.com. Retrieved December 23, 2008. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Video Review: Tiffany "All This Time". I Want My Popular Culture.
- "The Irish Charts – Search Results – Tiffany". Irish Singles Chart. Retrieved November 16, 2018.
- "Tiffany: Artist Chart History". Official Charts Company. Retrieved November 16, 2018.
- "Tiffany Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved November 16, 2018.
- "Tiffany Chart History (Adult Contemporary)". Billboard. Retrieved November 16, 2018.
- "Top Singles - Volume 51, No. 8, December 23, 1989". RPM. December 23, 1999. Archived from the original on 2017-09-07. Retrieved November 22, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "1989 The Year in Music: Top Pop Singles". Billboard. 101 (51): Y-22. December 23, 1989.
- "Billboard Top 100 – 1989".
[edit source | edit]
Visibility[edit source | edit]
This page has been added to search engine indexes. learn more