|Lua error in Module:Location_map at line 510: Unable to find the specified location map definition: "Module:Location map/data/Libya" does not exist.|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
Badr (Arabic: بدر, // is a small town in the Nalut District in northwestern Libya, with a population of 18,693 as of 2010. Prior to the 2007 reorganization of districts, it was part of Yafran District. The town is currently home to the Alseaan (El-See’an) tribes, who moved into the area in the early to mid 20th century replacing the Al-Haraba tribes. Discoveries in the late 20th century showed a large quantity of oil and gas underlying the area.
History[edit source | edit]
Under the Ottomans, Badr was first part of the Villayet of Tripoli and then Tripolitania. Under the Italians in 1934, it became part of the province of Tripoli. Immediately after World War II it was administered by the French military as part of the territory of Ghadames. After independence, it was part of the Tripolitania Governorate.
References[edit source | edit]
[edit source | edit]
Visibility[edit source | edit]
This page has been removed from search engines' indexes. learn more