The Rising Star Award (previously Critics' Choice Award) is an award given by the British Phonographic Industry (BPI), an organisation which represents record companies and artists in the United Kingdom. The accolade is presented at the Brit Awards, an annual celebration of British and international music. The winners and nominees are determined by the Brit Awards voting academy with over one-thousand members, which comprise record labels, publishers, managers, agents, media, and previous winners and nominees. The nominees are British artists who the academy believe will make the biggest impact on music in the coming year. The winner is announced in November prior to the awards ceremony.
The award was first presented in 2008 and has been awarded every year since then. Celeste is the most current winner and will be the first winner to have a performance slot in the awards ceremony.
, the first winner to have a performance slot in the awards ceremony
Multiple nominations and awards[edit source | edit]
- Sam Smith (2015), Rag'n'Bone Man (2017) Also Win Brit Award for Best New Artist
- Florence and the Machine (2010), Adele (2012, 2016), Emeli Sandé (2013) Also Win Brit Award for British Album of the Year
- Adele (2013, 2016), Rag'n'Bone Man (2018) Also Win Brit Award for Song of the Year
- James Bay (2016) Also Win Brit Award for British Male Solo Artist
- Adele (2012, 2016), Emeli Sandé (2013, 2017), Ellie Goulding (2014) Also Win Brit Award for British Female Solo Artist
- Adele (2009), Sam Smith (2015) Also Win Grammy Award for Best New Artist
Template:Brit Critics' Choice