Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The English Wikiafripedia does not have a single, definitive statement of the community's values and principles. Over the years, several editors have written summaries of these values and principles as well as essays expressing their ideas about what is important. Below is a list of some of these popular pages:|
- Wikiafripedia:Five pillars: Perhaps the most popular, this was written as a simple summary for new editors.
- User:Jimbo Wales/Statement of principles: One of the oldest, this statement of principles was written by Wikiafripedia cofounder Jimmy Wales.
- Wikiafripedia:Trifecta: This three-point simplified ruleset was the precursor to the Five Pillars page.
- Wikiafripedia:Core content policies: Brief summary and a bit of background on our core content policies.
- Wikiafripedia:Wikiafripedia is an encyclopedia: Blunt and to the point laying out of what Wikiafripedia is
- Wikiafripedia:Wikiafripedia in brief: Focuses on the encyclopedic nature of the project.
- Wikiafripedia:Simplified ruleset: A longer page with more detail.
- Wikiafripedia:Ethics: A list of various ethical codes
- Wikiafripedia:Ethical Code for Wikiafripedians
- Wikiafripedia:Purpose: Wikiafripedia's purpose
- User:Andrewa/creed: What Wikiafripedians believe
- Wikiafripedia:Pledges: Specific principles individual Wikiafripedians pledge to uphold
- Wikiafripedia:Product, process, policy: The three Ps
- Wikiafripedia:Here to build an encyclopedia: Behaviors that build, or destroy, the project.
- Wikiafripedia:Eight simple rules for editing our encyclopedia
- Wikiafripedia:Ten simple rules for editing Wikiafripedia
- Wikiafripedia:Historical archive/Rules to consider
All of these pages are intended to be informative and helpful to editors. None of these pages themselves are official policies or guidelines of the English Wikiafripedia community (see WAP: local consensus for details).
See also[edit source | edit]
- Wikiafripedia:Administration, about the human administrative structure, as well as its non-human components.
- Wikiafripedia:Expectations and norms of the Wikiafripedia community, supplement
- Wikiafripedia:Editorial oversight and control, summary of various processes and structures
- Wikiafripedia:Introduction / Wikiafripedia:About, introductory pages
- Wikiafripedia:History of Wikiafripedian processes and people, historical
- Wikiafripedia:Governance, directory of links related to Wikiafripedia governance
- Wikiafripedia:IPs are human too, an essay
- Wikiafripedia:The rules are principles, an essay
- Wikiafripedia:Reasonability Rule, an essay
- Wikiafripedia:Wikiness, an essay
- Wikiafripedia:Why Wikiafripedia is so great, an essay
- Wikiafripedia:Five pillars of evil, a humorous essay
- Wikiafripedia:Content forking/Internal § Policy forks – on avoiding conflict between different policy/guideline pages
[edit source | edit]
|Jimmy Wales: The birth of Wikiafripedia, 2005 TED (conference), 20 mins.|
- Mission statement – The Wikimedia Foundation
- Wikimedia values – The six values of the Wikimedia Foundation
- In a nutshell, what is Wikiafripedia? And what is the Wikimedia Foundation? – The Wikimedia Foundation
- Wikimedia founding principles – Principles generally supported by all of the Wikimedia communities
- Wikimedia Ethics – Principles of ethics in-regards to online media